Tuesday 5 January 2021

Ferapontovo.

 

Here I had to merge four series taken in 2019 and 2020, since all contained images of various quality. On 21.07.2019 I just tested my new camera, partly unaware of its settings, so evening shots in a slight mist over a lake proved questionable. The issue was in processing them like water colours. On the other hand, as I stayed there till midnight, I got a rare opportunity to take shots of a monastery complex in dusk. In my arrogant opinion, more than successful. Later, on 29.08.2019, I wasn’t alone, that was a trip with passengers in a daytime without any possibility to stay till night. Here a counterlight was the main obstacle. On October 5th weather conditions proved nut just unfavourable, but extreme with cold wind and running clouds, and of course, I have no idea how to take shots of quickly running clouds with a slow shutter speed. The second issue in conditions like those is a polarization angle (CPL filter is meant), the third – white balance. Eventually, in October 2020 weather gave an opportunity, but time was limited. 

Testing the camera: 

Here is what I got in October 2019, with running clouds and constantly changing lighting:
 
Next, an adjacent position, from a square: 

Lastly, on 2.10.2020, soft clouds favoured me and here I got everything I need:

St. Nilus of Sora church. That is strongly advisable taking something like 16 mm lens for full-size matrix cameras, 24 mm one isn't enough.

 
Water colours. Both spots are swampy, I doubt anyone sane could be able to reach them in ordinary shoes.  No alternative images, since later I had no time to go there.



Now night has come. The monastery complex as seen from a parking spot below. Nikkor AIS 28 mm was used in all series:



Gradient blue filter:

The same taken in October 2019:

Lastly, October 2020, ideal conditions, but I had no time to wait till a complete sunset:



The monastery complex from inside, daytime only: 






An interesting moment, heavily shopped, of course:

Panoramic view:

Looking through an arc:

Panoramic views of a lake. In fact it's one lake, separated into western and eastern parts with different names:


A sunset over Borodayevskoye lake. No place to get hidden from the counterlight. CPL filter, standard lens. 

Vertical perspective:

A series of panoramic views of Ferapontovo:


Another view from below, from another side:

October 2019, running clouds:

Made that again in 2020 with better results: 


Something to complete with. Spasskoye (alternatively Paskoye) lake:

If something is omitted here, try searching there: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145110086@N08/albums/72157673720713538

No comments:

Post a Comment